THE CHILD AND THE FOLKLORE Foundation
4, Lyulin planina St.
Sofia 1606, BułgariaTel: +359 898 661292
Liliya Stareva[email protected]
+359 899 178 664
Informacje o organizacji:The activities of the Foundation focuses on creativity and expression of children in the field of native folklore, education through creativity and play, communication and friendship through culture.
- Implementdtion of scientific seminars and conferences;
- Organisation of National Festivals “Bulgarian Tales”;
- Publishing of a multilingual series “Bulgarian Folk Wisdom around the World” in 8 volumes till now;
- Yearly contests for child illustration on folklore themes “The wisdom of our people” – since 2000 to date;
- Yearly children's holidays before 24th of May and 1st of June - since 2000 to date;
- Exhibitions “The wisdom of our people” in Sofia, around the country and abroad – more than 40.
- “Folk holidays in school” - more than 20 holidays in Bulgarian schools in the country and abroad
- Yearly student contests “In a good head, a hundred hands”
Komponent/działanie, którego partnerstwo dotyczy:
Komponent 2.3. Projekty społeczeństwa obywatelskiego
Rola partnera:In line with the target group for the project which are adolescents and young people from diverse national and ethnic origins, tackling issues of social integration and attitude towards them, we seek to partner (with) schools and art colleges, in countries with pronounced problems in this direction. This also includes non-formal education type of structures such as cultural organisations dealing with upbringing and education through art and culture. Expected activities from partners institutions include: - Mobilisation of young people: • Organisation of a campaign "Young folklore scientist" to collect proverbs and sayings from the participant country, addressing minority groups and communities, aiming to ensure a large outreach at regional level. • Expert participation in the preparation of a set of proverbs and sayings from the respective country for the competition "In a good head, a hundred hands". • Conducting a competition to illustrate the selected set of proverbs and sayings, and a follow-up exhibition. - Research activities: conduct a large-scale survey among young people to identify problems related to the scope of the project, and follow-up survey to register changes in attitudes of young people after the implementation of the project activities. Identification of good integration and multicultural dialogue practices at national and local level. - Training activities: Participation of pedagogues and experts in the training seminar for sharing good practices in each of the countries, as well as opportunities to use the project experience in further educational, upbringing and socialising work with young people. Activities will be adapted to the partner profile and local context to ensure full complementarity of tasks and European added value.
Opis projektu:"In a good head, a hundred hands"
2.3: Civil Society Projects
The project is tasting a model for building sustainable base attitudes of tolerance through young people, as a prerequisite for the complete civic presence through Intercultural dialogue and participation in joint games activities in the field of cultural heritage of young people from diverse national and ethnic origins. Education in a new type of culture by presenting multiethnic European diversity.
Ethnic tolerance and equal opportunities for young Europeans through folklore and intercultural dialogue
The aim of the project is to promote democratic and civic participation of young people from different countries through:
- Upbringing and education of adolescents and young people from different nationalities and ethnic minorities, in tolerance, understanding and social inclusion of marginalised groups.
- Intercultural dialogue through games activities and creative expression in the field of folklore and traditions of the minority groups in a pan-European context.
Activities and dialogue revolve around proverbs and sayings in use within national and ethnic groups in our partner countries to collect practices and examples as models featuring folk wisdom and European values.
We plan to hold the "In a good head, a hundred hands" competition of proverbs, sayings and riddles to showcase folklore patterns in the partner countries.
The target group is adolescents and young people from primary and secondary schools and art colleges in several European countries. Building on research activities to understand and tackling problems related to integration, tolerance and marginalisation in Europe.
Educators and pedagogues play a key role in addressing those challenges. The project will deliver a targeted training to ensure their capacity by sharing experience and European successful practices.
The project deliverables also include:
- An electronic manual for working with young people in the direction of building active citizens through education of tolerance to minority, ethnic and ethnic groups.
- A publication highlighting the cultural richness of the countries involved in the project and the organisation of exhibitions of the best illustrations from participating schools and organisations on the theme of multiculturality and diversity in Europe.
In terms of impact, through a cross-European collaboration the project aims at supporting a comprehensive and complementary approach in advancing knowledge on addressing the issues of tolerance and multicultural integration as of the early stages of education.
Uwagi:Expression of interest to be send not later than 7th August 2020