Sonairte – The National Ecology Centre
Laytown, Co. Meath, IrlandiaTel: +353 (0)877780548www.sonairte.ie
Dr Kim Reilly[email protected]
Informacje o organizacji:Sonairte – the National Ecology Centre is an Irish environmental charity set up in 1988 by a group of environmental activists. Our Vision is to be community hub, enabling people to live more sustainably to address the twin environmental crises the world currently faces - the climate crisis and the biodiversity crisis.
Our Mission is to be an educational centre which will protect and increase understanding of the natural environment, and will educate the public and schools in ways of conserving the environment.
Our charitable purpose is:
to provide education in all aspects of ecology
to promote sustainable living through learning and cooperation
to promote sustainable development
to promote organic, ecological & sustainable farming practices
to promote environmental awareness and nature conservation
to promote appropriate and sustainable technologies
to promote the use of genuinely renewable resources
to promote intercultural exchange
to promote reconciliation
to promote fair trade
• Community Education – hosting a range of accredited and informal courses.
• School and Youth group education.
• Bee Museum and working hive demonstration.
• Visitor Eco-Centre and Gardens
• Meeting and Events venue
• Local organic fruit and vegetables – our gardens are Organic Trust certified and produce is sold through our Eco Shop and in local markets. We focus on making food local and sustainable
• Enterprise and Community facility -our “Yoga Room” is used by a local group of Yoga teachers, a Sound Bath Meditation group and an African Pentecostal Church group.
• Eco Shop – provides a wide range of organic, fair trade and eco-friendly products. Wherever possible we support sustainable local suppliers. We have a “zero waste refill station” for cleaning and body-care products.
• Our second hand shop reduces the environmental impact of “fast fashion”, children’s toys and clothes, household goods and books
• Café – café is fully vegetarian and vegan and where possible uses fruit and vegetables from our organic garden or other local producers.
• Energy Park – demonstration area for renewable energy solutions.
Komponent/działanie, którego partnerstwo dotyczy:
Komponent 2.3. Projekty społeczeństwa obywatelskiego
Rola partnera:We are very interested in participating as a partner and Work Package leader.
Opis projektu:Civil Society Projects Strand 2
We are especially interested in priorities
2. Promoting solidarity as a basic concept
3. Fostering intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding and combatting the stigmatisation of migrants and minority groups
Submission deadline 1st September 2020. Expected start date March 2021. 18 month project.
Ideally we are interested in how the Climate and Biodiversity crises impact migration and under represented groups - Priorities 2 and 3 above. We can offer meeting venue and facilities including catering (please see website for photos). The two project leads at Sonairte are experienced in EU project management. Dr Kim Reilly https://www.linkedin.com/in/kim-reilly-46645538/
Dr Doireann Wallace https://www.linkedin.com/in/doireann-wallace-343931117/