TPC Kalca, BI 43, 18000 Nis
Informacja o organizacji
Center for civil society development PROTECTA is a non-political, non-governmental and non-profit association, established in 1998, in the City of Nis, South Serbia, founded permanently for achieving goals of building civil society in Serbia.
PROTECTA is well known in Serbia, especially in southern Serbia as one of the oldest and largest CSOs working outside of Belgrade. More than 120 implemented projects during 21 years of history speak in favor of the reputation PROTECTA has built during these years, and continues to build. Our organization has strong relationships with the governmental, business and non-governmental sector in Serbia and Europe. PROTECTA actively participates in the development of strategic documents on various topics, on the local but also on the national level. We currently have 8 employees, and a large database with around 30 volunteers who actively participate in all PROTECTA project activities.
The goals of PROTECTA are:
1. Encouraging and strengthening independent civil and youth initiatives through building capacities and citizen awareness
2. Promoting democracy processes on the local, national and international level and building the role of citizens in the processes of decision reaching
3. Building capacities for organizations and important institutions for the development of social and economic standard.
Fields of work and interest:
- Promoting democracy, democratic values and legislation;
- Fight against organized crime and corruption;
- Developing civil society and the civil sector in Serbia;
- Environment and sustainable development
- Decentralization and regionalization of society;
- Promotion of European integration standards and values;
- Youth policy, standard, education, activism and voluntarism;
- Economic strengthening of the population and economic subjects;
- Promotion of the innovative models of social activities
- Culture and intercultural exchange.
For last 21 years over 100 people participated in our activities as employed and several hundred as volunteers. For all this time, we worked with several dozen different local, national and international donors. We are members of several national and international networks of the CSO's (NGO's) and we are open to new partnerships and cooperation.
Komponent/działanie, którego partnerstwo dotyczyKomponent 2. Demokratyczne zaangażowanie i uczestnictwo obywatelskie Działanie 2.3. Projekty społeczeństwa obywatelskiego
Zakres tematyczny projektu
Rola partnera w projekcie
Opis projektuDemocratic engagement & civic participation- getting citizens involved
Civil society projects
NGO PROTECTA is interested in being a partner in one of the projects. If you need a partner from Serbia, please contact us. We have years of experience in various fields of work, including: youth, environmental protection, culture, social programs (migrants, refugees, Roma, socially vulnerable population), European integration, the fight against corruption and crime, legality...