Klaipeda association of local communities
Tiltu street. 21 - 7
LT-91249 Klaipėda, Litwahttps://www.facebook.com/Klaipedosbendruomeniuasociacija
Gintaras Ramasauskas[email protected]
Informacje o organizacji:Klaipeda community association (KBA) established and active since 2018 unites 7 local communities in Klaipeda city so far, and represents about 12 000 citizens living in the member communities (Klaipeda city - 150 000 inhabitants total). Organization was established seeking to foster active citizenship and involvement in democratic processes of European Union, sharing knowledge and understanding at the community level, by development citizen participation in decisionmaking, formation of new local communities and co-ordination of their activities in Klaipeda city; community skills, strength and influence building in a view of sustainable development through an interaction and open dialogue between local government, community and business. Our main roles in Klaipeda city are:
• Increased citizen participation in civic and European Geen Deal activities.
• Strengthened civil society, advocacy and democracy watchdog role.
• Enhanced capacity and sustainability of civil society and participation in active democratic change in EU.
Komponent/działanie, którego partnerstwo dotyczy:
Komponent 2.1. Partnerstwo miastKomponent 2.2. Sieci miastKomponent 2.3. Projekty społeczeństwa obywatelskiego
Rola partnera:Open to proposals
Opis projektu:KBA are interested in projects aimed at:
1. Counterfighting the effects of pandemic crisis at local level and EU co-operation level, by finding practical solutions and best methods for local wealth building and to act against poverty, wage stagnation, low productivity, loss of jobs, emigration, underinvestment and widening inequality of income and wealth in Lithuania and other EU countries.
2. Participatory budgets, participatory governance and e-Democracy tools (CONSUL, DECIDIM and others) for civic engagement. We are interested to participate in active sharing best practices, different experiences and approaches of other EU countries, communities and organizations.
3. Community Strength Building programmes focused at bringing up the strength and influence of city communities up to the level of becoming an equal partner for discusion with local government and local business. Building up the co-operation networks with advanced local communities and regional, national and EU umbrella organizations - thus expanding partnerships, creating the base for new social contract on local levels, leading to more sustainable EU cities and better quality of life. In this context of social contract, community strength is understood in the extent to which citizens, government and businesses engage in community networks , as well as in extent to which individuals inside the local community provide personal support to each other through bonds of neighbourhood, friendship and voluntary work initiatives.
Uwagi: We are interested to participate as a project partner