Informacja o organizacjiThe civic association's main two goals are; to support civic initiatives that seek to change citizens' attitudes in public affairs and to raise citizens' self-awareness on their rights while contacting local, regional or national government.
- The Association strives to promote positive changes in the attitudes of Slovaks and state authorities to the issues as healthy environment, social, economic and cultural life in Slovakia and human rights.
- The Association carries out the following activities: counseling, education, publishing and information activities.
Komponent/działanie, którego partnerstwo dotyczyKomponent 1. Pamięć europejska
Zakres tematyczny projektu
Ramy czasowe projektu1.8.2018 – 31.1.2020
Rola partnera w projekcieTo participate in the planned event held in Slovakia, cooperation on creation of virtual museum of this past event and publication.
Opis projektuEuropean Remembrance, 1968 – Invasion of soviet union army to the then Czechoslovakia
The aim of the project is to remind the citizens of the former Czechoslovakia, the Hungarians, the Poles, the Germans and all Europeans the historical events of the 1950s when, for more than two decades, Czechs and Slovaks have lost a substantial part of their political sovereignty and freed themselves de jure after the Revolutionary Revolution in November 1989, after the fall of the Iron Curtain, but de facto after the departure of the Soviet Army.
- Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the occupation of Czechoslovakia, remembrance the victims of the struggle for freedom and democracy in the former Eastern European countries. Venue of the commemorating event will be "Memorial of the Departure of Soviet Army" that was built on the 25th anniversary of the departure of the Soviet Union Army from Czechoslovakia.
- ART INSTALLATION by Daniel Fischer "The Eight Braves" and Press Conference named "I'm on the road!" where will be introduced some survivors of the 1968.
- VIRTUAL MUSEUM in English, Slovak and Czech language with archive of all materials obtained during the duration of the project with film, text and photographic materials documenting stays and leaving the occupying army, preserving the memory of the personalities who made the departure of Soviet troops from Slovakia
- COLLECTION OF FILM, PHOTOGRAPHIC AND TEXT MATERIAL from survivors
of then events and from existing but not classified sources
- publishing a publication on Soviet troops leaving Czechoslovakia in Czech- English and Slovak - English language mutation, which would also serve to improve English for Slovak citizens, audiobooks will be published, too.
- Creating a documentary film based on memories of survivors made by "oral history" method extended with interviews with historians unburdened by their personal experience of then time. The intention is to search between the youngest generations of historians.
- Screening the documentary in film clubs, small cinemas,
- PR articles, video teasers informing project described above.